Tuna Crouton with Harissa Mayo and Pickled Onions
Turn heads at lunch hour with this Matt Sinclair recipe.
- Time:Less than 15 minutes
- Combine the vinegar, salt and sugar in a small bowl and stir until dissolved. Adjust seasoning to taste as required. Add the red onion to the bowl and ensure it is covered in the pickling liquid. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 190°C, place the bread on a lined baking tray and lightly brush the olive oil on both sides of each slice. Toast in the oven, turning once, until golden and crisp. Remove and cool slightly before adding the toppings.
- Combine the mayonnaise and harissa paste in a small bowl and stir together, season to taste with lemon juice.
- Spread the harissa mayonnaise on the base of each crouton and top with a layer of sliced avocado followed by a layer of flaked tuna. Add a generous amount of pickled onion over the tuna, season with sea salt and cracked pepper and add the dill fronds to garnish. Drizzle a little olive oil over the top and serve.