Smoked Sirena Tuna Croquettes
Impress while entertaining with this Matt Sinclair recipe.
- Time:Greater than 30 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl add the potatoes, flaked tuna and its oil, corn, parmesan, parsley and paprika. Separate 1 egg and add the yolk to the mix reserving the egg white for the crumbing process. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Fill a piping bag with mixture and pipe croquettes onto a lined tray approximately 2cm wide and 10cm long. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up. (Can also be rolled into balls if preferred.)
- Prepare the breading station with 3 shallow bowls or tray: 1 for the flour, 1 for the beaten eggs and 1 for the panko crumbs.
- Lightly cover each croquette in the flour and gently shake off any excess. Transfer to egg and turn to coat evenly. Transfer to panko crumbs, cover each croquette well and gently squeeze each one to ensure even crumbing.
- Heat oil in a fryer to 180°C and fry the croquettes in batches until golden brown. Remove from fryer and transfer to paper towel, season with salt while still hot.
- Serve warm with a garlic aioli dipper.