Crispy Potato & Sirena Tuna Pie
Warm and hearty with cheesy goodness, everyone will want a piece of this tuna potato pie.
- Prep:25 Min
- Cook:45 Min
- Yields:5 Servings
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place potatoes into a large pot of salted water and bring to the boil. Cook for approx. 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pot. Add 75 g of butter and 1/2 cup of milk. Mash together until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- Melt the remaining butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks and thyme. Cover with lid and cook stirring occasionally for 4 5 minutes, until soft but not coloured. Remove lid and add the flour. Stir well for 1 minute. Gradually add the remaining milk, stirring until smooth making sure there are no lumps. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 4 5 minutes or until thick.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir through the parsley, lemon juice, zest and 3/4 cup cheese. Gently fold through Sirena tuna until the cheese melts and is well combined.
- Pour mixture into a medium baking dish. Gently spread over the warm mashed potatoes. Sprinkle over breadcrumbs and remaining cheese.
- Place pie into the oven and bake for approx. 20-25 minutes, until cooked through and the top of pie is melted and golden.
- To serve, divide pie between plates and serve with a green salad.
Try this recipe with
Tuna with Chilli in Oil
To make Sirena Tuna Spicy Potato and Tuna Pie