Sirena Tuna and Sweet Potato Patties
These patties can be frozen with freezer wrap. Then, simply thaw and cook for an easy weeknight meal.
- Time:Greater than 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Bring the pickle ingredients to a gentle boil, allow to simmer for a couple of minutes. Remove from the heat and pour over the arame. Allow to cool. While the liquid is cooling cook the sweet potato.
- Slice the sweet potato (including skin) in chunks, toss in oil and salt and pepper and spread on baking tray. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until cooked. Add to a large bowl and roughly mash cooked sweet potato and skin.
- Add the egg, tuna, half of the breadcrumbs, ginger, half the sesame seeds, spring onions, salt and pepper to the mashed sweet potato and mix to combine.
- Add the remaining sesame seeds to the remaining breadcrumbs and place in a shallow dish.
- Roll patties with your hands and flatten them a little. You can make them any size. Divide the mixture into 8. Coat both sides of the patties in the sesame crumbs.
- Heat about 1 cm of oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Cook the patties in 2 batches. Cook for approx. 3 minutes on one side before gently flipping with a spatula and cooking for another 3 minutes on the other side.
- When ready to serve, toss the cukes and cucamelons (if using) through the arame in the pickling liquid. Drain and serve piled on top of tuna patties. Scatter coriander over the top and serve with a squeeze of lemon.