Sirena Tuna Grain Bowl with Caraway Cauliflower and Grapes
Craving fresh? Healthy? Delicious? Packed with grains, veggies and premium tuna, this bowl won’t let you down.
- Time:15 - 30 minutes
Pickled Eschalot Dressing
- Combine the freekeh, quinoa and wild rice in a saucepan, rinse thoroughly and drain well. Add 2½ cups water. Place over medium-high heat, cover with a lid slightly ajar and bring to the boil, then reduce to medium and cook for about 40 minutes or until the grains are tender but still have a bite. Turn off heat, fluff the grains with a fork, wrap the saucepan lid in a tea towel, then place securely on the pan and let grains steam for 10 minutes.
- For the eschalot dressing, place the eschalot and salt in small bowl and use your hands to rub the salt in. Leave for 10 minutes to soften, then drain off any liquid. Add the sour cherries and cover with the vinegar. Set aside until ready to use (allow to pickle for at least 15 minutes).
- For the caraway cauliflower, preheat the oven to 220C (conventional). Lightly toast the caraway and salt together in a small frying pan over medium heat for about 1 minute or until fragrant and but not burnt. Roughly crush using a mortar pestle and set aside.
- Break the cauliflower head into small florets and thinly slice the stem lengthways and place in a large bowl. Trim the fennel and reserve ½ cup fronds for later. Halve the bulb lengthways, remove the core, slice lengthway into 3-5 mm slices and add to the cauliflower. Add the caraway salt, pepper and olive oil and toss with your hands to coat everything well. Spread over two large baking trays, making sure there is a lot of spaces around the pieces as you want them to caramelise.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely caramelised. Remove from the oven and set aside. Allow to cool slightly, then place in a bowl, add the grapes, parsley and fennel fronds and gently toss to combine.
- When the grains are ready, while still hot, add the pickled eschalot dressing and stir to distribute evenly. Drizzle over the oil and stir to coat well.
- Divide the grains among bowls, top with the caraway cauliflower and slices of tuna.