Sirena Tuna, Chive and Onion Parcels
Sick of a standard lunches? Look no further than this Silvia Colloca recipe.
- Time:Greater than 30 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 200°C conventional. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Heat up the oil in a medium pan, add the onion and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until soft, add the drained tuna and mix through.
- Turn off the heat, add cheese, chives and mustard. Mix and allow the residual heat to melt the cheese. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes, then divide it across the four pieces of pastry. Wrap to create 4 parcels. Brush with egg and sprinkle with fennel seeds. Score the top with a sharp knife, creating 7-8 slashes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until nicely puffed and golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Note: You can substitute swiss cheese for cheddar, edam or colby. You can also use sesame seeds if fennel seeds are not to your liking.