Sirena Tuna Biryani
Add a touch of Indian to your dinner rotation with this Matt Sinclair recipe.
- Time:Greater than 30 minutes
- Melt the ghee in a deep fry pan over a medium-high heat. Add the curry leaves and fry off for 30 seconds. Remove a few and strain on paper towel for garnish later.
- Add the onion to the pan, season with salt and fry off, stirring often until coloured and caramelized. Add the garlic and chilli and fry for a further minute before sprinkling in the curry powder. Mix to combine. Fry off for another 30 seconds before adding the tomatoes and flaked tuna. Stir through and balance the curry with salt and sugar to taste.
- Add 1 handful of rice to the rice cooker. Add a layer of the curry mixture on top and repeat with a layer of rice, another layer of curry mixture and finally topped with remaining rice. Pour the chicken stock over the rice and allow for 1 knuckle of excess stock on top of the rice to ensure perfect cooking. Cook the rice until timer is complete.
- Transfer to platter or individual plates and garnish with minted yoghurt, fresh coriander leaves, fried curry leaves and fresh chilli.