Sirena Tuna Vitello Tonnato
Vitello Tonnato can be made the day before and kept refrigerated, but served at room temperature.
- Time:Greater than 30 minutes
- If making your own mayonnaise, whisk the egg yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer. Very gradually add about half the oil. Mix the lemon juice and the salt together until the salt has dissolved in a separate bowl, then add to the egg mixture. Continue to add the remaining oil, mixing continually. Adjust seasoning by adding more salt if necessary.
- Blend all the tuna sauce ingredients together in a food processor until combined.
- Place all the veal ingredients in a saucepan and cover the veal with water. Simmer gently for an hour. Leave to cool in the saucepan. When cool, remove from liquid and cut into thin slices.
- Coat each veal slice with some tuna sauce, arranging the slices on a serving platter. Decorate with a few capers.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve at room temperature.